Saturday, August 26, 2017

Down to the wire

If you didn't nominate for the Dragon Award and haven't gotten a ballot yet, you have until midnight Monday, August 28, to register and request a ballot.

If you participated in the nomination process, you should have already gotten a link to your ballot. The web site says the deadline to vote on the ballot in Tuesday, Aug. 29, again at midnight.

I had thought the deadline for final voting was extended to Sept. 2, as a result of some last-minute ballot changes - two people asked their works be withdrawn and the award committee revised the ballot and extended the deadline for voting so that people who voted before the withdrawals could get an updated ballot.

However, I'm not seeing that later deadline on-line, so it might be wise to vote by the 29th. If anyone has a link to a source for the Sept. 2 deadline, please let me know.

I may have just missed it, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning.

The Dragon Awards presentation will be Sunday, Sept. 3 at 1 p.m.

As I have stated previously, I am proud of "Another Girl, Another Planet" and I ask for your vote in the Alternate History category.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Hi, Mr. Antonelli - wondering if I could chat with you via email or twitter DM? I'm a fellow Dragon Award nominee. (Congrats, BTW) We're on the same panel for Significant Short stories and would like to go over any talking points you'd like to cover or other ideas to discuss during the panel. Hope to hear from you!
    Amy J. Murphy
    me@amyjmurphy.com
    @selatyron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure. My email is:

    solacesdaddy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...