Saturday, April 21, 2018

Not my problem!

I have an adopted son, my furbaby Peltro (a Catahoula Leopard Cur) who is sleeping on the couch right now on his back, legs akimbo, nether regions rampant. We all know the sight of a dog sleeping like this. It's cute.

Over 20 years ago I had another adopted canine kid, named Luke. He was German Shepherd mix, with the resulting long and pointed muzzle.

One night he was sleeping on his back on the floor while I was on the couch watching television when he sneezed violently.A few seconds later I heard a grunt.

He had sneezed so hard his tongue had fallen out of his mouth.

He grunted again and I realized he couldn't reel his tongue back in. His hyper-extended tongue was flopping on the floor.

He grunted a couple of more times and then rolled over on his side, and was able to yank his tongue back in his mouth.

He looked around somewhat sheepishly.

I looked over and said to him, "Luke, old chum, that is one problem I don't think I will ever have!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...